Some of Life’s Imponderables
- Why do we press harder on a remote control when we know the batteries are getting weak?
- Why do banks charge a fee due to insufficient funds when they already know you’re broke?
- Why is it that when someone tells you that there are one billion stars in the universe, you believe them; but if they tell you there is wet paint, you have to touch it to check?
- Why do they use sterilized needles for lethal injections?
- Why doesn’t Tarzan have a beard?
- Why is it that, no matter what colour bubble bath you use, the bubbles are always white?
- Why do people constantly return to the refrigerator with hopes that something new to eat will have materialized?
- Why is it that no plastic bag will open from the first end you try?
- How do those dead bugs get into enclosed light fixtures?
- Why is it that whenever you attempt to catch something that’s falling off the table you always manage to knock something else over?
- Why, in winter, do we try to keep the house as warm as it was in summer when we complained about the heat?
- How come you never hear father-in-law jokes?
A day without a smile is like a day without sunshine!
And a day without sunshine is, like, night.