Due to certain things which happened today I was very much disturbed & when I got home was trying hard to divert my mind from today’s happenings. But when I couldn’t do it I tried searching the internet (first to engage my mind by reading some blogs but when couldn’t find anything nice I just started searching for mind diversion techniques directly).
Here goes a list of things which I think might help. I haven’t tried any of them but they sound good. Will definitely put some of them into practice as my source of stress isn’t going away anytime soon!
- Think about something else altogether, something which is unrelated to your problem.
- Focus on your breath going in & out. Heavy breathing helps fend off stress.
- Don’t try NOT to think.
- Get busy. Do something which needs concentration so that you can concentrate your mind on something else.
- SLEEP *grins* The best remedy for all troubles I believe! And to actually doze off try counting sheep, read boring stuff which will definitely make you sleepy, etc. The thought of sleep is already making me feel a little relaxed 😛
- Stop caring too much about what other people think (Now that is one thing which I really need to learn.) Care for the opinions of only those whom you value, the rest you can, rather you should just forget.
- Listen to some music, sing or try playing some instrument, something which soothes you or something on which you can vent out your anger on like a drum
- Play with you kids, pets. (I have none 😦 )
- Write a diary
- You cannot change people. You can only change yourself & how you react to people & situation
Last but not the least remember: Every black cloud has a silver lining!!! 🙂
If you have anymore interesting tips please do let me know through comments!