Armed with a licence to kill, Secret Agent James Bond sets out on his first mission as 007 and must defeat a weapons dealer in a high stakes game of poker at Casino Royale, but things are not what they seem.
Director: Martin Campbell
Cast: Daniel Craig, Mads Mikkelsen, Eva Green, Judi Dench
This was my first James Bond film. After Hannibal & A Royal Affair I watched this movie for the villain than for James Bond himself. 😛 And Mads never disappoints 😀
What I liked:
- Daniel Craig: Very charming & handsome as James Bond, he is excellent in his role. I loved his scenes with M & Vesper. Craig excels in action, romance & style. He carries off the role effortlessly.
- Mads Mikkelsen: As the antagonist Le Chiffre he is a fitting competition for Bond. Mads flipping those tokens & propping his finger on his temple during the game had me staring at his hands longer than was necessary 😛
- The locations are breathtaking . The movie is fast paced & isn’t centered only on continuous fights & goons. The little touches where Vesper is badly shaken when she witnesses a murder, Bond comforting her, Bond realizing that he has been duped are welcome additions which make it more entertaining to watch.
- The opening credits were very unique & creative & I loved every single minute of it.
What i disliked:
- Le Chiffre’s end was such an anti climax. Throughout the movie he is this undefeatable force, and then all of a sudden he is dead.
- M had so little role in the movie. She should have had more to do. Even in the short minutes she was on the screen she was magnificent.
- For nearly 7-8 minutes, right at the very beginning, Bond ran & ran & ran. His marathon just didn’t seem to end. And I was sorely tempted to stop watching the movie altogether. Yes it was nicely shot & looked very realistic but it bored me.
- It was very very obvious that Vesper was fooling Bond. For all her style & beauty it was easy to guess that she had some hidden motives & a man like Bond not realizing this was a little unbelievable. But then love makes fools out of all of us.
While I went in to watch this movie for Mads I enjoyed Daniel Craig & Eva Green performance as well. A good movie to watch.