- You can have me the way I am — bad behaviour included — or not at all. (Jacob Black, Eclipse)
- He’s like a drug for you, Bella. I see that you can’t live without him now. It’s too late. But I would have been healthier for you. Not a drug; I would have been the air, the sun.
- “You do not know the weight of this self you are carrying until you put it down.” – Zen
- “We are cups, constantly and quietly being filled. The trick is, knowing how to tip ourselves over and let the beautiful stuff out. “- Ray Bradbury
- “Slow down and take the time to really see. Take a moment to see what is going on around you right now, right where you are. You may be missing something wonderful.” – J. Michael Thomas
- “The words of the world want to make sentences.” – Gaston Bachelard
- The constant trees beyond my window, stately stood against the sky. Clouds adorned with whirling jackdaws. How I wish that I could fly.
“And so being young and dipped in folly I fell in love with melancholy.” – Edgar Allan Poe
- Keep a green tree in your heart and
perhaps a singing bird will come.
– Chinese Proverb
- To the well – organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. – Albus Dumbeldore (Harry Potter & the Philosopher’s stone)
- Fear of the name, increases fear of the thing itself – Albus Dumbeldore (Harry Potter & the Philosopher’s stone)
- The truth is a beautiful & terrible thing & should therefore be treated with great caution. – Albus Dumbeldore (Harry Potter & the Philosopher’s stone)
- ” In her waltz with fate she found her toes stepped on “- Siddharth Sanghvi
( The last song of dusk )
- “Someone who cannot handle me at my worst doesn’t deserve me at my best ” – Marilyn Monroe
- ““Like a compass needle that points north, a man’s accusing finger always finds a woman. Always.” – Nana (A Thousand Splendid Suns)
- Because I am a woman, I must make unusual efforts to succeed. If I fail, no one will say, “She doesn’t have what it takes.” They will say, “Women don’t have what it takes.” – Clare Boothe Luce
- Holding a grudge is like letting someone live rent – free in your head
- Once the game is over, the King & the pawn go back in the same box
- “Follow the river and you will find the sea.” – French Proverb
- Joy does not simply happen to us. We have to choose joy & keep choosing it every day. – Henri Nouwen
- If you carry a camera, it helps the background to become the foreground – it helps you to ‘see’.
- Even in the greyest sky, the birds fly. Life goes on.
- Whether your life is a blossom pink or a gloomy hue
depends on the filters you choose.” – Ivan Kally
- Dreams are not negotiable. – Paulo Coelho
- Follow your dreams even if it includes going through some nightmares. – Paulo Coelho
- A sense of humor… is needed armor. Joy in one’s heart and some laughter on one’s lips is a sign that the person down deep has a pretty good grasp of life.Hugh Sidey
- It seems only the old are able to sit next to one another and not say anything and still feel content. The young, brash and impatient, must always break the silence. It is a waste, for silence is pure. Silence is holy. It draws people together because only those who are comfortable with each other can sit without speaking. This is the great paradox. -NICHOLAS SPARKS, The Notebook
- “You don’t have to understand, you just have to have faith ” ~ Sara from the movie Serendipity
- Music, poetry, painting — these are glorious works..but the Soul that creates them is more glorious than they. The music shall die on the passing wind, the poem may be lost in the confusion of tongues, the marble will crumble and the canvas will fade, while the Soul shall be quenchless, filled with a nobler melody, kindling with loftier themes, painting images of beauty and drinking from springs of life ~ E H Chapin
- Forget what hurt you in the past, but never forget what it taught you.
- Every girl may not be a queen to her husband but she is always a princess to her father
- Death asked life “Why does everyone hate me but love you?” To which life replied “Because I am beautiful lie and you are a painful truth”
- When I’m older and my children ask me who my first true love was, I don’t want to have to pull out the old photo album. I want to be able to point across the room and say, “sitting right there.”
- For everything you have missed, you have gained something else. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- कबुतराला गरूडाचे पंख लावता येत नाहीत.कदाचित लावता येतीलही,पण गगनभरारीचं वेड रक्तातच असावं लागतं. आकाशाची ओढही दत्तक घेता येत नाही. – व पु काळे
- कितीही मोठा आवाज केला गेला तरीही तरी तो जास्तीत जास्त किती मैलांचा प्रवास करील? केव्हातरी नि:शब्दाची सीमा सुरू होणारच. मौनाचं तसं नाही. त्याला सीमा नाही. म्हणुनच आक्रोशाला शब्द असतात. अतीव आनंद ‘मूक’ असतो. माणूस नि:शब्द होतो.
- Bhoola dil ka rishta fir yaad aayega; fir teri aanknon mein wahi pyaar aayega
- “She loved the guy. She did it for him. She would’ve done anything for him. Some people are like that. Some loves are like that. Most loves are like that, from what I can see. Your heart starts to feel like an overcrowded lifeboat. You throw your pride out to keep it afloat, and your self-respect and your independence. After a while you start throwing people out—your friends, everyone you used to know. And it’s still not enough. The lifeboat is still sinking, and you know it’s going to take you down with it. I’ve seen that happen to a lot of people here. I think that’s why I’m sick of love.”
— Gregory David Roberts (Shantaram)
- “Love is like an hour glass, with the heart filling up as the brain empties.” – Jules Renord
- Tu kya jane kya hai tanhai, is tute hue patte se puch kya hai judai,bewafai ka ilzam na de zalim, is waqt se puch kis waqt teri yaad na aai…….
- A little fragrance always clings to the hand that gives roses.
- “Your deepest roots are in nature. No matter who you are, where you live, or what kind of life you lead, you remain irrevocably linked with the rest of creation.” – Charles Cook
- You can focus on what’s wrong in your life, or you can focus on what’s right. – Marianne Williamson
- “When I am silent, I fall into the place where everything is music.” – Rumi
- Wo mere dil pe kuch ajab sa asar karte hai; na jaane kaise; par meri ankahee baton ki bhi khabar rakhte hai.
- Agreed life should not stagnate, but also life should not just be flooded. There should be a flow, but manageable; while there are so many external factors to already make it a meandering flow
- There are different wells within your heart.
Some fill with each good rain,
Others are far too deep for that – Hafez
- Fear is the cheapest room in the house. I would like to see you living in better conditions. – Hafez
- Even after all this time the sun never says to the Earth, “You owe me” – Hafez
- Love sometimes wants to do us a great favor: hold us upside down and shake all the nonsense out. – Hafez
- “You can become blind by seeing each day as a similar one.
Each day is a different one, each day brings a miracle of its own.
It’s just a matter of paying attention to this miracle.” – Paulo Coelho
- “If what I say resonates with you, it is merely because
we are both branches on the same tree.” – W. B. Yeats
- It’s not just a matter of looking, it is about really Seeing…
- “From the kitchen, the rumbling of the washing machine sounds like a distant train.
The kettle gathers steam, hissing as it comes to the boil. Closer and much quieter
is the soft breathing of a cat, sleeping, and if I listen hard, the almost imperceptible
tick of a clock. Then behind those sounds and quieter still, my heartbeat.”
- Why is it we always fall for our best friends? Is it because we know we can trust them? Is it because we know them so well? Is it because of the way they know exactly whats going on in our heads? Or is it because they are there any day, anytime, anywhere without the promise of kisses, intimate touches or whispered sentiments of love? I think we love them because they are there when there is nothing in it for them except for that little glimmer of hope that maybe someday there will be.
- “If you want to find joy, forget about winning and losing.
Life is a play, a game. Play it beautifully.” – Osho
- “The place to be happy is here, the time to be happy is now.” – Robert Ingersoll
- “Not all who wander are aimless
especially those who seek truth
beyond tradition, beyond
definition, beyond image…”
~~ from Mona Lisa Smile
- Jab rang chadhe pyaar ka; dil ho jaaye dildaar ka
- Life is encouraging you to come along
- The dangers of life are infinite, & safety is among them. – Goethe
- To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness. -Bertrand Russell,
- This above all: to thine own self be true, / And it must follow, as the night the day, / Thou canst not then be false to any man. -William Shakespeare,
- We are not the same persons this year as last; nor are those we love. It is a happy chance if we, changing, continue to love a changed person. -William Somerset Maugham
- Society is like a lawn, where every roughness is smoothed, every bramble eradicated, and where the eye is delighted by the smiling verdure of a velvet surface; he, however, who would study nature in its wildness and variety, must plunge into the forest, must explore the glen, must stem the torrent, and dare the precipice. -Washington Irvin
- “Set aside a certain number of days, during which you shall be content with the scantiest and cheapest fare, with coarse and rough dress, saying to yourself the while: ‘Is this the condition that I feared?'” -Seneca (1 BC – AD 65)
- The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. – Albert Einstein
- You get your intuition back when you make space for it, when you stop the chattering of the rational mind. The rational mind doesn’t nourish you. You assume that it gives you the truth, because the rational mind is the golden calf that this culture worships, but this is not true. Rationality squeezes out much that is rich and juicy and fascinating. – Anne Lamott,
- Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy. Thich Nhat Hanh
- The animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older and more complete than ours, they move finished and complete, gifted with extension of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear. They are not brethren; they are not underlings; they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth. -Henry Beston
- A word is not a crystal, transparent and unchanged, it is the skin of a living thought and may vary greatly in color and content according to the circumstances and the time in which it is used. -Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
- A few minutes ago every tree was excited, bowing to the roaring storm, waving, swirling, tossing their branches in glorious enthusiasm like worship. But though to the outer ear these trees are now silent, their songs never cease.-John Muir, naturalist, explorer, and writer (1838-1914)
- I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in. ~John Muir, 1913, in L.M. Wolfe, ed., John Muir, John of the Mountains: The Unpublished Journals of John Muir, 1938
- You cannot stay on the summit forever; you have to come down again. So why bother in the first place? Just this: What is above knows what is below, but what is below does not know what is above. One climbs, one sees. One descends, one sees no longer, but one has seen. There is an art of conducting oneself in the lower regions by the memory of what one saw higher up. When one can no longer see, one can at least still know. Rene Dauma
- Don’t be fooled by my beauty – the LIGHT of my face comes from the candle of my spirit.” ~Rumi
- Know that my beloved is hidden from everyone.Know that she is beyond the belief of all beliefs.
Know that in my heart she is as clear as the moon.
Know that she is the life in my body and soul.
- Walk the Lovers road with truth and humility.~Rumi
- Weave in Faith, and God will find the Thread ! – Rumi
- Someday our souls will be one And our union will be forever. I know that everything I give you Comes back to me.So I give you my life, Hoping that You Will come back to me.~Rumi
- You are the honored guest. Do not weep like a beggar for pieces of the world. ~Rumi
- “There is a voice that doesn’t use words. Listen.” ~Rumi
- With life as short as a half taken breath, Don’t plant anything but Love. ~Rumi
- A little while alone in your room will prove more valuable than anything else that could ever be given you.~Rumi
- God put thorns around the Loves door, to stop anyone who’s not a Lover from entering.~Rumi♥
- If you become Reason, you will know Reason perfectly. If you become Love, you will know Love’s flaming wick.~Rumi
- ❝To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived, this is to have succeeded.”- Emerson
- “Put seeds and cover them. Blades will sprout where you do your work.” – Rumi
- “Every man has a piece of sky in his breast and in it flies a swallow.” – Fatos Arapi
- Death changes nothing but the masks that cover our faces.~Kahlil Gibran
- “Plenty of people miss their share of happiness, not because they never found it, but because they didn’t stop to enjoy it.” – William Feather
- “If you want to find happiness, find gratitude.” – Steve Maraboli
- Forget the risk, and take the fall; if it’s meant to be, then it’s worth it all!
- “Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.”~ Albert Einstein
- I live in my own little world, but it’s okay, they all know me there! I’m so happy, cause today I found my friends, they’re in my head.
- Water does not resist. Water flows. When you plunge your hand into it, all you feel is a caress. Water is not a solid wall, it will not stop you. But water always goes where it wants to go, and nothing in the end can stand against it. Water is patient. Dripping water wears away a stone. Remember that, my child. Remember you are half water. If you can’t go through an obstacle, go around it. Water does. – Margaret Atwood
- When you run after your thoughts, you are like a dog chasing a stick. Every time a stick is thrown, you run after it. Instead, be like a lion who, rather than chasing after the stick, turns to face the thrower. One only throws a stick at a lion once. – Milarepa
- The end of the human race will be that it will eventually die of civilization – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Detachment from worldly desires is not that you should own nothing, but that nothing should own you – Imam Ali
- The most damaging phrase in the language is: ‘It’s always been done that way. – Grace Murray Hopper
- Because paper has more patience than people. – Anne Frank
- Just as we are all wounded, we are also all raised by wounded parents at various stages on their own journeys. – Carol S. Pearson, Awakening the Heroes Within
- Everything is energy and that’s all there is to it. Match the frequency of the reality you want and you cannot help but get that reality. It can be no other way. This is not philosophy. This is physics. – Albert Einstein
- An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle but it will never break.- Chinese Proverb
- “The only real elegance is in the mind; if you’ve got that, the rest really comes from it.”— Diana Vreeland
- “The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It’s the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows & the beauty of a woman only grows with passing years.”— Audrey Hepburn
- “Fashions fade, style is eternal.”— Yves Saint-Laurent
- “One is never over-dressed or underdressed with a Little Black Dress.”— Karl Lagerfeld
- “The most important thing to remember is that you can wear all the greatest clothes and all the greatest shoes, but you’ve got to have a good spirit on the inside. That’s what’s really going to make you look like you’re ready to rock the world.”— Alicia Keys
- “Don’t be into trends. Don’t make fashion own you, but you decide what you are, what you want to express by the way you dress and the way you live.”— Gianni Versace
- “Elegance is the only beauty that never fades.”— Audrey HepburnA poet can survive everything but a misprint. – Oscar Wilde
- Style is a way to say who you are without having to speak. – Rachael Zoe
- You cry a little & then you wait for the sun to come out. It always does!
- It is not our abilities which show what we are. It is our choices. – Albus Dumbledore
- Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the lights. – Albus Dumbledore
- A child’s voice however honest & true is meaningless to those who have forgotten to listen. – Albus Dumbledore
- The ones we love never really leave us and you can always find them…in here. – Sirius Black
- Soon we all must face the choice between what is right and what is easy. – Albus Dumbeldore
- “Harry Potter’s like Santa Claus. Something you can’t see but wish was real so badly that you end up believing in it.”
- That which Voldemort does not value, he takes no trouble to understand. Of house-elves and children’s tales, of love, loyalty, and innocence, Voldemort knows and understands nothing. Nothing. That they all have a power beyond his own, a power beyond the reach of any magic, is a truth he has never grasped.- Albus Dumbledore
- A woman’s loyalty is tested when her man has nothing. A man’s loyalty is tested when he has everything.
- Silence and smile are two powerful tools. Smile is the way to solve many problems and silence is the way to avoid many problems.
- If a man wants his woman to be an angel in his life, then he should first create a heaven for her.
- Be what you want to be not what others want to see.
- Don’t trust words, trust actions
- Don’t start your day with the broken pieces of yesterday.
- Worry is the misuse of imagination
- Life is like a see – saw full of ups & downs. But when you are down a good friend will jump on the other seat & bring you up again.
- “The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours- it is an amazing journey- and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins.” -Bob Moawad
- Childhood is measured out by sounds & smells & sights, before the dark hour of reason grows. – John Betjeman
- “I just know that you have to be afraid to live your life in order to become a writer. Soon you realize that your life is becoming this incredible plot and every person you meet becomes a character. That’s when the world inside your head feels more real than the one outside your window, when a tragedy becomes nothing more than intriguing information. That’s when you can’t cry anymore because nothing around you feels real. Your entire life becomes a huge stash of stories and novels.And you die one chapter at a time.” – Christian Mihai
- “No matter how many books you read, you’ll never be prepared to face the villains that inhabit your own little story. Your life’s story.” – The Writer – Christian Mihai
- “We all die. The goal isn’t to live forever, the goal is to create something that will.” – Chuck Palahniuk
- “There are certain delicate illusions that make life bearable. Love, in its most pure and pathetic form, the one before we get to genuinely know the person we love, is one of them. Ignorance is bliss, and the less you know, the more you love, the less you have, the more you want.
We all miss most the things we never had.” – Jazz by Cristian Mihai
- Back of every creation supporting it like an arch is faith. Enthusiasm is nothing: it comes & goes. But if one believes, then miracles occur. – Henry Miller
- “No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. No surprise in the writer, no surprise in the reader.” – Robert Frost
- Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else. – Mark Twain
- “If you’re feeling low, don’t despair. The sun has a sinking spell every night, but it comes back up every morning. The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.”~ Dolly Parton
- “Adversity is like a strong wind. It tears away from us all but the things that cannot be torn, so that we see ourselves as we really are.”~ Arthur Golden
- “When it is dark enough, you can see the stars.”~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “We’re all young and smart and were raised by wolves. But the phenomenon of reputation is a delicate thing. A person rises on a word and falls on a syllable.” – Don DeLillo, Cosmopolis
- Not all those who wander are lost. – JRR Tolkien
- Don’t expect someone to understand your journey; especially if they haven’t walked your path
- Sometimes someone says something so kind it just fits right in that empty place in our heart.
- Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to people & things that stress you out. – Thema Davis
- Some people come into your life just to teach you how to let go. – Unknown
- We are told to let our light shine, and if it does, we won’t need to tell anybody it does. Lighthouses don’t fire cannons to call attention to their shining – they just shine.”
~Dwight L. Moody
- Have you ever wondered which hurts the most: saying something and wishing you had not, or saying nothing, and wishing you had?
- When I love, I love with no limitations. But if you betray me, I love myself enough to let go.~ Samantha Drew
- When it comes to relationships remaining faithful is never an option. It’s a priority. Loyalty is everything.
- You are not a back-up plan. You are worth more than someone’s second choice. You can’t force yourself to stop loving someone, but you can tell yourself that you deserve better. Never settle for second best. Always look out for number one because you can’t expect to be someone else’s priority if you aren’t your own. ~Words of Wisdom
- ” I know I say that I’m just fine, but I hope you wonder from time to time”
- The people with the best advice are usually the ones who have been through the most
- The best conversations are the ones where you don’t have to worry about what you say, you can just be, you.
- No relationship is worth being miserable over. – Vern Reo
- “You know that when I hate you, it is because I love you to a point of passion that unhinges my soul.” ~Julie de Lespinasse
- I love books. I love the moment when you open one & sink into it. You can escape from the world, into a story that’s way more interesting than yours ever will be. – Elizabeth Scott
- “Alone, even doing nothing, you do not waste your time. You do, almost always, in company. No encounter with yourself can be altogether sterile. Something necessarily emerges, even if only the hope of some day meeting yourself again.” – Emil Cioran
- “Sarcasm is the last refuge of the imaginatively bankrupt.” by Cassandra Clare, City of Bones
- “Jo chahat hai usko paane ki taqat dena Jo Qismat hai usey qubool karne ki himmat dena”
- A true friend stabs you in the front. – Oscar Wilde
- All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That is his. – Oscar Wilde
- Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same thing. – Oscar Wilde
- Men always want to be a woman’s first love – women like to be a man’s last romance. – Oscar Wilde
- America had often been discovered before Columbus, but it had always been hushed up. – Oscar Wilde
- There is nothing so difficult to marry as a large nose. – Oscar Wilde
- There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about. – Oscar Wilde
- I am not young enough to know everything. – Oscar Wilde
- Always forgive your enemies – nothing annoys them so much. – Oscar Wilde
- A happy family is but an earlier heaven
- People think being alone makes you lonely. I don’t think that’s true. Being surrounded by the wrong people is the loneliest thing in the world. – Kim Culbertson
- Lend your ears to all but your mouth to none
- The eyes are useless when the mind is blind – Unknown
- “Water does not resist. Water flows. When you plunge your hand into it, all you feel is a caress. Water is not a solid wall, it will not stop you. But water always goes where it wants to go, and nothing in the end can stand against it. Water is patient. Dripping water wears away a stone. Remember that, my child. Remember that you are half water. If you can’t go through an obstacle, go around it. Water does.” – Margaret Wood
- I dont believe in taking right decisions. I take decisions and make them right! – Ratan Tata
- Don’t confuse your path with your destination. Just because it’s stormy now doesn’t mean that you aren’t headed for sunshine.
- Never underestimate the power of money. It makes you pay. – ME 😉
- You never really understand how strong you are until being strong is your only choice. – Bob Marley
- Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned.
- Be like a peg. Hammered into the ground, frozen, immovable. – Winston Churchill
- Sometimes doing your best is not enough. Sometimes you must do what is needed. – Winston Churchill
- If you are going through hell, keep going. – Winston Churchill
- Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm. – Winston Churchill
- It is no use in saying I am doing my best. You have to succeed in doing what is necessary. – Winston Churchill
- A kite flies against the wind, not with it. – Winston Churchill
- Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip. – Winston Churchill
- You will never reach your destination if you stop & throw stones at every dog that barks. – Winston Churchill
- A man can stand a lot as long as he can stand himself. ~Axel Munthe
- Never esteem anything as of advantage to you that will make you break your word or lose your self-respect. ~Marcus Aurelius
- You do not need to be the designated driver of someone’s intoxicated ego.
- Self-respect is a question of recognizing that anything worth having has a price. ~Author Unknown