The first episode of GoT S4 was a beautiful start to the season.
Lord Tywin having those swords melted with the bone chilling ‘Rains of Castamere’ playing in the background was a rather ‘stark’ reminder of the grand success of the Red Wedding. Ice, Ned Stark’s sword was broken & melted into two, a very symbolic end to the Stark reign.
But…right at the end of the episode we have another Stark getting back another important sword. Arya gets back Needle & in the background we hear the Winterfell theme music.
To quote the maker himself:
“It was intentional that we would begin the episode with the loss of one Stark sword, and what Tywin thinks is the death of the Stark line and legacy, and end it with finding another Stark sword, and kind of implied rebith of that Stark ability to act in the world through Arya.” – D. B. Weiss
- Maisie Williams. Arya, yes, but Maisie first. She is the finest actor on the show. Her expressions change every second with every line that is uttered. Best was the look on her face when the Hound says “Fuck the King” 😀
- The utter ease with which Arya kills the two men, especially Polliver. She recreates the scene which took place when he had killed her friend Lommy with such finesse & so much of hatred & vengeance that it is a treat to watch. I look forward to watch her don the neutral masks of a Faceless Man, this girl who is so volatile by nature. I am sure Maisie will show this gradual transformation brilliantly.
- Arya & Hound were like best buddies today. 🙂 They even managed some situational jokes. It will be sad to watch her stab him.
- Lord Tywin Lannister. The ‘Rains of Castamere’ sounded like a complete tribute on the successful completion of a plan excellently laid out by him. Well done Lord Tywin! Enjoy your victory. You have completely earned it.
- Jaime Lannister, a Knight who isn’t respected even by his own family. Who is scorned by the woman he has loved his whole life. Yes, this relationship must shatter. Only then can he rise as a better person.
- Cersei’s marriage with Loras is still very much on the to – do list. Wonder how they will end that?
- Jon Snow refusing to take any shit from Janos Slynt & Alliser Thorne
- That lame parallel of brotherly jealousy between Jon – Robb & Sam – Jon
- So Dontos just popped up out of nowhere & presented Sansa a necklace, not a hairnet with some sob story about it belonging to his mum. And how does he know she will wear it at the wedding?
- Did I hear it right? Is Grey Worm too attracted to Dany? :O Who’s next now? Barristan?
- Joffrey insulting Jaime.
- The Hound was grievously injured in the fight at the inn, hence Arya was able to stab him when they moved to the Saltpans. He seemed OK to me here. How will she get rid of him now I wonder.
- Daario giving advice with strange Meereenesse flowers to Dany. Blue roses have been used in reference of Lyanna. What were they doing in Meeren & in Dany’s hands? Though it did have a different name, but didnt blue roses grow in Winterfell i.e. in the colder regions?
- Shae being all jealous & upset with Tyrion for caring about Sansa. Guess they just sowed the seeds for Shae’s betrayal. 😦
- The Joffrey statue was hilarious & when the stupid boy stood exactly in the same pose as the statue I laughed a little more. 🙂 🙂 🙂
The scenes between Oleanna & Brienne was a total filler. The woman loves appreciating people by taunting them, yes we know that by now. Another unnecessary scene was Brienne telling Margery that Renly was killed by a shadow with Stannis’s face. Girl you have mourned Renly more than his wife ever did 😛
Gods but why did they leave out……
- Jaime’s “I will shove that sword up some place where even Renly hasn’t been” to Loras? It was a gem
- Jaime should have come back AFTER the wedding & Joffrey’s death. Brienne sound so stupid asking him to return Sansa (where?) especially when she is his sister – in – law. It just looks stupid
- The original dialogues between Lord Tywin & Jaime when he returns. They really shouldnt change the dialogues. The book ones are so much better!
- Sansa’s willing escape from KL. Here she has no idea about the escape as of yet.
- DONAL NOYE 😦
A wonderful start to Season 4. Now when do I get the next episode?!!
Game of Thrones S4E2 promo:
- The Lannister brothers meet
- That fight scene between Bronn & Jaime
- Bran Stark in his new Tully red hair 😛
- The Purple Wedding (tolerating that stupid King becomes easier knowing this will be his last episode)